14 October 2005

Keep Sewing, Keep Sending, and Keep Loving these Soldiers!

From Soldiers' Angel JoAnne:

I recently showed my friend and client Kim a thank you email I received from a soldier in Iraq. He had received one of the Blankets of Hope I made.

Kim began to cry and explained that one of her employees had called in earlier that day to say she would not be coming to work. The employee’s son had been injured and was on his way to Germany.

I got his name so I could contact our beloved Angels in Germany to see if they would make sure Jeff got a backpack.

Today I received this email from Kim.

Wanted to pass this on to you about Jeff, the injured Marine.

He was sent to Germany, then to a hospital in Maryland for further repair and rehab. His folks were flown to Maryland last Wednesday and returned Sunday.

At work the next day, his Mom told me Jeff had his BLANKET with him! She said that it was practically the only thing he had with him when he arrived in Maryland.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, JOANNE!!!!!!!!!

God Bless you for making sure he got one of your blankets.

You're a blessing to those soldiers and for that I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kim

Keep Sewing, Keep Sending and Keep Loving these Soldiers!!!!
JoAnne


Well done, JoAnne! Thank you and everyone else who contributes to the Blankets of Hope project.

No comments: