24 September 2007

Soldiers at Landstuhl talk about Soldiers' Angels

While at Landstuhl I often run into soldiers who know about SA, but this weekend was something else.

It seemed like every time I turned around another Soldier was coming up to me and shaking my hand and saying, "Did I hear you say you're with Soldiers' Angels? Well, I just want you to know that... "


" ...I've been deployed for 13 months and you guys were the only ones who sent me mail."

"... there's a Wii at our FOB from you guys. We treat it like a trophy - when we're not using it we cover it up with a sheet and put it in a cabinet to keep the sand out."

"... during my fist deployment in 2005 I was adopted by a family in California and I could not believe all the stuff they sent me."

" ...after I got blown up they flew me to the hospital in a Blackhawk. I didn't have any of my stuff, and they had to throw away my uniform. So they gave me some of those Soldiers' Angels shorts and t-shirts and stuff. Everything I had in the hospital in Iraq was given to me by Soldiers' Angels."

" ... everybody had those Soldiers' Angels coffee mugs. We all put our names on them."

" ... you guys have no idea how much it means to be there and know that people are thinking of us."


And my personal favorite:

" ...when I get back home, I'm going to become a Soldiers' Angel."


They all wanted me to make sure to "PLEASE TELL ALL THE OTHER ANGELS THANK YOU!!!!"

Whether you've adopted a service member, sewn a blanket, written a letter, or made a monetary donation, please know that you are making a difference. Thank you!

No comments: