19 May 2012

Honoring Cody Green, the boy who wanted to be a Marine


Marine opens up about Cody Green: wlfi.com



For the first time since this story came out, former Marine Mark Dolfini goes public about his relationship with Cody Green and his family.

Sergeant Mark Dolfini heard of Cody Green's situation through his co-worker, and got in contact with Cody's parents. When the call came that Cody was passing, he took action.

"I got the call from David about 3:00 or 4:00 that afternoon," said Sgt. Dolfini. "He made it pretty clear to me that he was terminal and he wasn't going to last too much longer. I thought this is something that needs to happen right away."

"When I was driving down there, I had no idea what I was going to say, I had no idea what I was walking into, I didn't know if Cody was conscious," said Sgt. Dolfini. "I didn't know anything. I didn't know what I was walking into whatsoever."

When Sgt. Dolfini arrived, Cody was not awake.

"He was not conscious, " said Sgt. Dolfini. "I mean, if he was, he was not responsive but he was heading to a better place."

Sergeant Dolfini made the decision to stand guard outside Cody's door for as long as Cody was alive, which turned out to be eight straight hours.

Thank you, Mark, for honoring this brave young man. Rest in peace and Semper Fi, Cody.


Previous:
'Standing for the Fallen' at Landstuhl
Standing for the Fallen event benefits wounded warriors at Landstuhl
Marine helping wounded troops
The American Spirit on Independence Day Weekend




No comments: